Charissa Kyle ♠
28th June
charissa--@hotmail.com
VJC volleyball, 08v13!


'Some are running scared.
Some are coming home.
Some tell lies to make it through the day,
others are just now facing the truth.
Some are evil men at war with good,
and some are good struggling with evil.
6 billion people in the world, 6 billion souls,
and sometimes, all you need is one.'



Friday, July 17, 2009,

"We look forward in life, without noticing the brilliance before our eyes."


Just a passing thought I had last night...
Anyway it's been a really tiring first-half of the week - sleeping at 230ish in the morning, and midnight being my earliest bedtime sheesh that's just the way life is huh, making us keep up with all that's revolving around us and tricking us into missing out the wonders of life.
All of us have our goals and aspirations, and as we strive to achieve them, or even try to hang in there for dear life, we don't notice all the amazing things happening to us. Time after time, we lose the meaning of life, we lose ourselves.

"I'm in this age where I'm constantly trying to find out who I wanna be, but little do I know that I'm losing myself in this journey where I'm becoming who I'll be altogether."


Yes we moan and groan about the unfairness of life - why am i the one stepping on dog poo just before school starts, why am i the one with a broken heel in this downpour, why am i the one someone has to spill a drink on over lunch, why am i the one... But do we ever count our blessings for all that's been going on well for us? Say, someone gave up his seat for you, you get to enjoy a good meal with your friends and family... Even the most basic things like having a safe bus ride home, do we ever feel content?

Life is a gift in itself. It is about finding your inner self, about growing into a better person. Life isn't about keeping up with the latest trends and gossip. It isn't about being the most well-liked in school. It isn't about being someone you're not. Why do people still do that. Why do people even also make a fuss out of something small. Human nature? I think I like to grumble a hell lot of being tired at school, having not enough time to complete assignments, having too little time to prepare for my cts, but hey, I'm changing now {: and I'm feeling goooood about it haha.

You might feel that you're having the worst time of your life, and you'd not buy the idea of comparing yourself to the kids of Africa. Now how about others around you having a worse time, someone you can't share the burden with. Someone you care for and yet you've no power to lend a helping hand nor ease the burden. And all you can do is to give that someone the smile of encouragement and to be that pillar of support. If even that someone can find the strength to go on living life, what about you.

--------------------------------------------------


Our class wrote post-its for Dr. William Tan!

{:

"Yet I know that I can, I should and I will be stronger in this face of life."